The following web page is hosted for our friends at:
OUR CHAPTER MOTTO: “Love has no boundaries”
Juneau Chapter Mission Statement
Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, and bisexual persons, their families, and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Parents, Friends & Families of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
If you have questions about sexual orientation, are seeking support or want general information about PFLAG, please write to:
P.O. Box 32245
Juneau, AK 99803
10 Ways to Make Schools Safer Every Day
- Lobby school boards for non-discrimintation policies that include sexual orientation.
- Monitor schools' compliance with existing nondiscrimination policies.
- Advocate for state legislation that protects GLBT students from harassment.
- Combat the efforts of the Radical Right to teach reparative therapy in schools.
- Organize sensitivity training for school personnel and students.
- Distribute research, information and publications on GLBT youth issues.
- Support and assist gay-straight student alliances.
- Support GLBT teachers and staff, and advocate for fair personnel policies.
- Help diversify classroom curricula by making it more GLBT friendly.
- Meet with school administrators to discuss GLBT issues.